Tuesday 29 July 2008

Back to Sydney.

11/6 - Up, some coco pops, I'm a big kid at heart and loaded up to hit the road to Sydney, which was a mistake, as the ferry takes you there, but I didn't get wet. I caught the bus to the ferry after walking here, I didn't need to prove twice I can knacker myself out. It is not that far, but it is raining again, so I took the bus. It is rush hour and the ferry is well packed out, but I got a seat to check out the view, at the wrong end, I went to the same end as I did coming, but the ferries have to bows, so don't turn around. DOH! This is a good way to commute, I could handle this, it is very relaxing. Bikes are allowed onboard too, but I doubt I could handle the hills of Sydney, it is a very hilly city.
Off the ferry and onto the train to Central again. The public transport in Sydney is better than Manly. The first 2 hostels I tried are choca. "No room for you here Mary." they said, so I guess they were full. The 3rd one didn't mind my wiggly walk and gave me a room, they told me the wrong number though, so they didn't like it that much. After the 3rd key change they twigged the number on my card was wrong. $33 for a bunk in a 4 man room. I never get one of these mixed room, but then with my recognition of lady boys, perhaps it is a good thing.
Dumped my gear and headed for the Vietnamese consulate to pick up my visa. The bloke here is a top bloke, really helpful. I changed the dates and was expecting a revisit. He said is 15 minutes OK. Headed back to town for a beer and some nosh. Went to a Vietnamese place, as I'd already been to the consulate. It was a damn site better than Pizza Hut and even more so than my cooking. Headed back for a brew whilst sitting on the balcony. Sounds posher than it was, but it was good and relaxing. Hit the sack for an early start in the morning to New Zealand.

No comments: