Tuesday 25 March 2008

A day doing what I like near KL.

17/3 - Up after a good kip and did a bit of sink dhobi, to try and keep ahead. Out for breakfast. There's a McD's opposite, but I think not. There's a Chinese food court on the corner. They are like mobile food stalls gathered around a load of tables. I am not back in the Malay mode after being spoiled by Henk and Jinna, but went in anyway and tried to get some fresh fruit, but gave up as my Malay and Chinese dialects are more that lacking. I ordered a pineapple juice and remembered black tea is Teh O, but forgot they lace it with sugar. Not to worry, while I waited for them I spotted the Nasi Lemak stall, which rang bells, so I wandered over and came back with rice, boiled egg in a curry sauce, fried egg; no runny yolk; cold potatoes, in a different curry sauce, peanuts, dried anchovies and cucumber, which went very nicely with the sugary teh O. If you have not tried Nasi Lemak, I recommend it. The only thing left on my plate was the banana leaf.
Full, I set off back to the Sunway Pyramid shopping mall. I needed to stock up on the immodium, you never know and I have filled my log book. Pills and stationary are a lot cheaper out here, but novels are really expensive. Just thought I'd throw that titbit in.
This shopping Mall is a huge, as well as the ice rink, there is a waterpark out the back, a serious waterpark. I think I have done enough shopping for about 3 weeks, well shop walking, so it is off to Starbucks for the obligatories, in priority, cake, people watching and updating the log. And here I am and very nice the cake is too.
Not anymore. I am back and packed for an early start tomorrow. I was on another hot date with Juliana, but she is poorly, which is a shame as she is only back here on a visit from the Netherlands. She is a special lady and a good friend, so we will meet up when we are back in Europe. If I find my way back to Chorley.
I have a confession to make. I was knackered after all that shopping and couldn't be bothered to wander, so went to McD's for some ayam goreng (fried chicken). It is partly Malay, it was very spicey. They should sell it back home. Another confession, I enjoyed it. I sat outside, which was a good move, the chocolate milkshake softens faster outside. Lekkere.
Quick blog and bed.

No comments: