Sunday 22 June 2008

More market snap.

25/5 - Another day strolling, e-fixing and dossing. Got myself some very slippery noodles on the market for breakfast, but watched the locals to find out how to eat them with chopsticks, I eventually got them from my bowl to my chops, instead of the table. There are free top ups on the broth too. I guess this is where the Yanks got the free drinks top up idea from. The ice tea on this stall was a bit naff.
I checked out the meat market. It looks pretty good, no refrigeration, but the meat looks good and fresh. It was probably killed this morning. I picked up some chom chom/rambutan and went off to eat it in the shade by the river. 2 young girls came to say hello, selling lottery tickets, quickly followed by 3 lads. Why is it nealry always the lads who are th buggers? Surely I wasn't like that! There was some language tuition, in both directions, the inevitable ask for money, again from the lads. Eventually they moved on, so I headed off along the river. I've been trying to get into the 3 meals a day routine of the Vietnamese, but when it is hot I never feel like eating. The meals are not huge, like in the UK, so 3 meals is about right. I bumped into one of the lottery lads twice more as I wandered. I think he looks upon me as his pet Englishman. A bit more wandering and eating and back to the hotel to listen to the karaoke. Some really are brave to get up and sing wlith the voices they have. If I ever get cajoled into it, I'll do the Lee Marvin version of Wandering Star. You don't know it???? I bet Mr Google does.

1 comment:

YvonneYong said...

Gil, you are so late :-p Aren't you suppose to be in Australia now?