Saturday 3 May 2008

An even lazier Phnom Phen day.

21/4 - Victor came around at breakfast. I think he is just a little strange and he probably thinks the same about me.
I took a moto to the Post Office and posted some cards I've been carrying for weeks and some photo CDs, not to mention some very extravagent presents for the grandkids and a hammock. The lasses at the PO pack it for you too, a real bonus.
I took a stroll to Wat Prohm, but didn't go up the hill. I didn't need to, I had more of a laugh with some kids trying to sell me watches, shades and a dodgy looking flick knife. A mute lass joined us too, she took no nonsense from the others. I almost managed to sell my shades to them and my LP, as this is my last day in Cambodia.
I headed for the town centre, or so I thought. I was headed the wrong way, so gave up, took a moto back and phoned the kids. Paige sounded on good form. I hit the bar then for a lassi and went for a kip in the bar hammock, but it was in the sun, so too hot. A beer was the default getout, then a bit of packing. I just dossed for the rest of the day and worked out Victor stays in the guesthouse on the cheap and is harmless. Also the tall lady in the lake from yesterday was knealt in a boat, but I couldn't see the boat because of the vegetation. I'm still not sure about the toilet flushing.
Oh, my visa turned up.

No comments: