Sunday 25 May 2008

Honing up my beach bum image.

4/5 - Up and off for a stroll on the beach. It is spitting most of the time, then raining or sunny the rest. I like walking in the rain, but got told off by a very beautiful lady, saying I would get sick. Rain or no rain, I'm thick, so I kept going. I got offered fruit and massages along the way, but not together. One of the beach hotels I passed had internet, so I sat and looked out at the sea while I blogged. You see the troubles I have to go through to bring you this sintilating recount of an intrepid and fearless traveller. I blogged until the power failed, so perhaps I didn't blog????? Took it as fate and went for a coffee in the attached restaurant, life is hard. One of the waitresses gave me a Vietnamese lesson. People often come over if I am writing or reading to see what I am up to. I suppose it would be called nosey in the UK, but here it gives me a warm, friendly feeling. The sea is very rough today, it must be getting near monsoon time, I was nearly tempted, but I have enough trouble getting out when it is calm, so substituted the swim with a bit more walk and a beer at yet another beach cafe (hut on the beach). The food looks great here, I think I'll stroll back here tonight for some snap. There are not that many places along the beach, it is just about right, every few hundred metres there's somewhere. Time to head back for a nod in the hammock and a music fix. I don't know what woke me, but I feel refreshed now, stiff, but refreshed, so shower and off to the beach again, I'm not fed up of it yet. I can see it from the hammock, so it is handy. I went back to the shack/cafe, the German lass was in from last night, she had returned my torch, whilst I was out. I had fish, whole, in pepper sauce, nothing like the pepper sauce back home, completely different and completely good. A couple of beers and back to base. I managed to get only 1 jeans leg soaked on the way back, the wave crept up on me. Another swing in the hammock and a read, I'm worn out, it's bloody hard work this. If it wasn't for the mozzies, I'd stay in the hammock for the night.

No comments: