Friday 14 March 2008

Back to work.

3/3 - Jumped in the car with Henk, after being spoiled again by Jinna, with breakfast, she did my washing too, a very brave woman and we headed off to work, as it was for me, to meet some old colleagues and to pay for my diving trip to Sipadan. Have I mentioned that yet??? LATER !!
I thought I would spend an hour or 2 in Cyberjaya (CBJ) and head into KL to sort out the next leg of my trip, but Richard, the Diving Instructor, put me on the web in CBJ, so I have booked 10 days chill and perhaps a dive or 2 in Krabi, Thailand. Well I have booked the flights.
The one or 2 hours in CBJ turned into the rest of the day. I never realised I have so many friends in Malaysia and all welcoming me back. See you lot back home, I am a likable bloke. I was going for a brew to the kitchen, about 20 metres away, it took me 20 minutes to get there. Everyone spotting me and coming over for a chat. It was very heart warming. If I wasn't such a hard git, I may have shed a tear.
Leila, an old divng buddy, drove over during her lunch hour to have lunch with me. She is a smashing lass, her fiance is a lucky man and I haven't got a photo to show you. Some times I wonder about me.
I sat in the kitchen in CBJ to catch up with my log. I managed one line. A lad came in as said "You are like a consultant. Everytime I come in you are sat with someone else". I had a great day and most of it in the office. I did nothing but talk all day and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I know I am a grumpy, old, IT, cowboy, but I never realised I was a lovable, grumpy, old, IT, cowboy, or perhaps it was disbelief that I am still at large.
Back to Henk and Jinna's with Henk and the lass has cooked some good food for us and gone shopping. So we eat, wander down to the pool for a few lazy lenghts, have a few beers and a natter. I don't know how Henk puts up with this.
Another good day at the office.

No comments: