Friday 14 March 2008

Life is good no matter where you are, India or KL.



2/3 - Dear Readers, the blogger is having a hectic life in the office, so don't sweat the lack of blogging. Life is a different scenario to India now.
"In what way?", I hear you ask. READ ON, if you have nothing else to put you to sleep.
Thank you all for reading and commenting. The blog has gone international now with Carol's friend, Val, in the good ole US of A. Infamy at last.
Anyway, back to Henk and Jinna's superpad, well actually down to the condo pool (see the photo from the balcony, the other is Jinna about to throw Henk over the balcony). Up with Henk and off we went for a few lengths of the pool, more Henk than me. No wonder Henk is still here after about 2 years, this is a canny life and even more so, when we are nattering by the side of the pool and Jinna hangs over the balcony and shouts down "Breakfast". I have died and gone to heaven. Well it certainly isn't India.
A bit of a break and spruce up, I put a clean shirt on, don't want to get too carried away and we are off to Kuala Lumpur for some dinner at Nando's, ceasar salad actually. This certainly isn't India. Jinna is only small, but she harbours a big appetite. We met up with Jinna's friend Rose. Do I detect a bit of attempted match making? We headed off to a disco at 3 p.m. ??? And it was rocking, just as if it was night time, everyone having a laugh and a good time and dancing, except the grumpy old man with the pitcher of beer.
I never realised during the time, but travelling in India is tiring and stressful. Being in a clean, modern city with everything at hand is like being in a different era. Mind you I would go back to India tomorrow. Perhaps it is the complete contrast that draws people there. Who knows? Not me.
Henk is driving, so we come out of the disco sober and in the light of day. You couldn't have convinced me I would enjoy a disco, especially one in the middle of the day, but enjoy it I did.
I had forgotten how hot and sticky it gets here. If I think about doing owt, I break into a sweat.
KL is ultra modern and at full pace. Henk and Jinna live just far enough out with all you need locally. I can definitely feel a draw back to here, all I have to do is find a sucker to employ an old IT cowboy.
We called at a Sunday market, near Henk's on the way back. It was tucked down a back street, loads of fruit, veg, clothes, fish, all sorts, an upmarket India. The fruit here is cheap and looks great. I would have taken photos but would have felt like a tourist. I forgot I am.
Jinna loaded up with everything they came for and probably a bit more. It is only open Sundays, so make hay.......
It started to rain, just as we got back to the car and built up into a spectacular thunderstorm. The fork lightening out here is something else. I watched it from Henk's balcony. The storm slowly passed and took the lovely warm rain with it and we headed out for an Italian. This is definitely not India. I'll try to get over the comparison thing soon, this is just a different world from the last 6 weeks.
I have had a smashing return to Malaysia today. I THANK YOU HENK AND JINNA.
P.S. It was a bit of match-making, the trouble is it takes 2 to tango and have you seen me dance? A nice compliment though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tango..?? You should have broken into the Military Two Step..!! (left-right, left-right, left-right)the lads would have been proud!!

I'm pleased my friend Val and hubby Bob in the USA have linked into your travel blog, they'll have great enjoyment reading it and looking through your photo's. AND, I bet they've got a BIGGER bird bath than that there condo pool..:0)

Your friends, Henk (I take it he's dutch perhaps?)and Jinna seem really nice and looked after you well on your visit. I can quite believe it was heaven after the past weeks in India. KL is yet another fantastic place to travel too.

Carol x