Monday 10 March 2008

Our Val should be here today.




28/1 - Happy birthday little Sis. I hope the ticket arrived in the card. If not, I'll plod along on my own.
The knee is a bit unstable this morning, so decided not to be macho, which may surprise my sisters, I'm not sure about Mick. Anyway, I went to the Doc over the road and came away with a prescription longer than the shopping list I take to Tesco. I couldn't be bothered climbing the stairs to my room, so plonked on a step, popped my pills, rubbed in the raljax and put on the bandage. Where is your daughter nurse when you need her. Probably at work, so fair enough. She would not have been able to help for laughing anyway.
Off for a slow hobble, but it looks like Delhi will go mostly unseen. Sat for a brew and got chatting with a Swedish aunt and her niece. The aunt has been coming to India for 20 years now. I have met a good few people who do the same. India is a place you can fall in love with easily. I don't know what it is, but that is the way of the place. The touts are a minor irritant, the poverty is part of India, I hope it will improve, but both these things are overshadowed by the beauty and the feel of the place. The poverty is everywhere, but it becomes accepted, rightly or wrongly.
The Swedish aunt goes to Sweden for a couple of months in spring to work, goes to her static caravan in Greece for a couple of months and spends the rest of the year in India. She must have a good job for 2 months. She is an interesting lady. She meditates a lot and stays in a charity place. There are worse lives out there.
Phoned my little Sister to wish her happy birthday. She told me I had to have a beer for her birthday, so as usual, doing as I am told, I did. My first in 4 weeks, just the one though. Had some snap and hit the sack. I never ventured more than half a mile from the hotel, so not an interesting day in the blog. The photos are from the cafe where I met the Swedish aunt and niece. It is the best cafe in the area, cheap and has some seats on the street, a great place to kill some time.

1 comment:

Hugo said...

Rickshaw roulette? Remember your green cross code. Maybe resting a few cold beers on the knee might help it heal. Worth a try!