Friday 25 April 2008

Off to Kep, the next stop.

15/4 - Got the tuk tuk to the bus station at 6.45 and on one of the main streets there was a bunch of young 'uns still celebrating yet another New Year night. They were out of their heads and covered in talc. One of the New Year practices is to throw talc and water at each other.
The trip to Kep was uneventful, we rolled in at a decent time. Kep is very busy, being a seaside town, it is buzzing with locals celebrating New Year. I headed for the Botanica guesthouse with and American on a tuk tuk. It is owned by a Belgian lad and his Cambodian wife. I bumped into him on the Pursat to Phnom Phen bus. They only have one room, so we tossed for it and I won. It is obvious why it is called Botanica, the garden is bursting with greenery. The bungalow is neat and tidy for $7 and I have a hammock on the patio, so after a butty and banana shake I crashed in it. I have decided to make Kep a lazy stay. I have been hopping around a bit of late, so after the hammock I just went to the bar and it was beer, beer, food, coffee, offer of a joint, sambuca, read and bed. A French/Cambodian couple offered me a joint, they told me it is $1 per gram and if you think that is cheap it was once $1 per Kg for the unprocessed plant on the local markets. Apparently it is used in Khmer soup, so I know what is for lunch tomorrow.

No comments: