Saturday 22 March 2008

The last of Thailand for now.

15/3 - Forgot to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, so got an early call from the maid, very nice too. I was going to pack, but decided to go and get some breakfast. I jumped into a local bus/pickup and went to the next beach along. It's loads quieter and no shops, only a few restaurants. It looks like no cheap places either. This would have been a better spot, but "Too late." came the cry.
I found a cafe by the beach for breakfast and was tucking in when a puppy came up to the table, circled a bit then crapped on the floor next to the table. A couple of the staff came over, checked it. "Yes, that's puppy shit", then went back to sitting around. Perhaps they thought it would attract custom and sure enough 5 minutes later a Frenchman walked in. No comments about flies around shit here, we don't want our European cousins across the channel going on strike.
Over the road for a SIT on the beach and try to repair my dive computer. I can hear all my sisters now. "That's a bloody waste of time. It'll be properly broke now". True enough, it is no longer a dive computer, only a watch. I think it got cooked by mistake in India.
Back to the beach. It is loads better here, hardly anyone on it. A bit more pebbley, but pretty good and I've only heard one longtail so far. I did my rescue act too. Alas not a beautiful maiden, but a lilo. It headed off down the beach while the owners were off walking.
It's a beautiful, blue, sunny day, so sod the blog for now. I'll catch you later.
Had a lazy day on the beach, in the shade. This is a good location for a beach holiday, so I'm leaving tomorrow. I did my packing after the beach and ditched a couple more things. If I could only dig up the courage to ditch my Sunderland jumper, that would make a good difference to the room. Then I went next door to the Irish pub for fish and chips and to watch some football. I should of stuck to the Thai green curry, this Irish chef cant do fish and chips, even if it was snapper.
I've enjoyed the diving here and it has been good for my leg, but I'm ready to move on. Goodnight. KL tomorrow.

http://picasaweb.google.com/brooks.gilbert/ThailandAoNangKrabiAndSomeIslandsAroundPhiPhi

No comments: