Sunday 16 March 2008

Not a lot happening still.

10 & 11/3 - Beach bumming again. There is not a lot to blog. I was pondering how it is more lonely in a resort with all these Western people, than in all of the places I stayed in India. I don't know how that works, but it feels that way. Perhaps I am just feeling sorry for myself. I have picked up Delhi belly again and not in Delhi again, so it is Burger King for fries and a coke. "Thank goodness for Burger King" said the foolish, grumpy, old, man. An early night I think and see what tomorrow brings.
Tomorrow, or now today, brings Dan's birthday. Happy birthday Dan and as usual, not a present or even a card in sight, only a thought or 2.
The stomach is still dodgy, so dug out the immodium and dioralyte, then rammed some scrambled egg on toast down my neck. I'm turning into a misery. I think I should leave the resort behind, but I want to rest my leg, so I will persevere, plus I know things will pick up. I'm turning into a wuss too, but I have found the answer to all this negativity. I have booked a couple of dives for tomorrow. That'll stop me wondering if I am still up to it with the creeping FSHD and also justify me carrying those bloody fins and mask all around India. I am tempted to dump them after reading about a lass who set off travelling for 18 months with 27lbs in her backpack. We'll see. I am not enjoying being here as much as I should be, but it is a good place to rest up, just a bit boring at the moment, but the diving should get me out of the rut and back on course.
I found a Starbucks on the way to the dive shop too, so stopped off for a coffee on the way back and would you believe it??? A piece of cake too. Feeling better already. "The tea and coffee have been typically resort-like so far", said the grumpy old man.
Not doing much tonight, having an early night to be prepared for the diving tomorrow.

No comments: