Sunday 16 March 2008

Not a lot happening.


9/3 - Had a good lie in and then up for bacon and egg, proper Thai food, before hitting the beach again, along with my pineapple and banana in hand. I don't know if it is the setting that makes the pineapple taste so good. It tastes like the best I've ever had.
In and out for a couple of swims from the shade again. It's sweltering out of it. I don't know how people can sit in it. Mind you I read somewhere that anti-inflamatories can increase sun sensitivity. Guess what the Doc gave me? I just prefer the shade. I was the same in Egypt. (Not this trip, another life.) I hung around until the longtail rush hour, about 15:30, when they start to ferry tourists back from the islands. If it was not for the longtails, the locals and the Thai food, this resort could be anywhere, it is very stereotypical.
The walk back along the promenade is a gauntlet run of massage ladies, so I decided to grab a fruit shake and sit with them, they always look to be having fun. They gave up with me after about 4 attempts. They are a real happy bunch, they have a real laugh amongst themselves as they hassle the tourists with a smile and a friendly manner. I'd love to know what they are saying. Something along the lines of "She needs more than a massage". "He's beyond anything a massage can do". That can't be right, that would be catty and women aren't like that.
I stopped off for another lassi on the way back. I can't resist them.
There's not a lot else to report. No more him or her sightings. A lazy day at the office.
The little girl in the photo is the most photographed person in Ao Nang. Everyone loves her. She rotates her costumes each night. It will be orange tomorrow night.

No comments: